Sunday 21 January 2024

breathingoutandinandout


The 1-minute films are slowly getting edited. Meanwhile - working at Kings - Synthetic Anatomy Day 1 - I think there is some interesting research to be undertaken about iteration around teaching. I think this year’s 1st day was possibility one of our best - clarity of intention was key, we are getting very good at working with students to develop learning criteria. The session was excellent, building a shared understand whilst simultaneously surprising ourselves. There were some interesting conversations which I brought back into my world, both as anecdotes and also into my own practice as a maker. I particularly liked the idea of the wildcard criteria that could be a driver of one’s own iterative process. Interested that what we value is what we decide to measure or is it what we measure is what we decide to value. I loved the idea of a 'good version' of a 'bad' bridge being 'better' than a 'bad version' of a 'good bridge' and the structures themselves were fascinating – on the way home I continued to read 12 bytes - Jeanette Winterson. It's a collection of thoughts whose focus is ai - it was fascinating finding out the way quantum computers (the next generation) work - that quantum bits exist in many places but when observed (measured) they take on a defined form and can be observed only in one! Unsure how that relates but in some way it seems relevant to the conversations that came out of the crits. Onto Screens - The Painter – just...odd. Role Play – I think we’ve been here before.