Friday 19 April 2024

walkingandreadingandsittingandwatching


a wonderful artifact that contains all the elements from the crucifixion story from Santa Maria de Cadaqués. Onto screens - I was drawn to This Town – a great 8-part drama series on BBC – it explores the culture and context of how the music we call 2tone was developed. It was particularly interesting to me as I literally grew up in the midst of this phenomena in 70s Coventry, my first gig was The Specials at Tiffanys, which is now the Central Library. The show was great fun which some nice performances. Dune 2 – sand, sand, sand.  On the walk in Spain I read Good Pop Bad Pop by Jarvis Cocker – fun, with some insightfully, thoughtful comments that made one consider the stuff we surround ourselves with. The Big Midweek: Life Inside the Fall by Steve Hanley and Olivia Piekarski is a monster of a book with each tragic moment of madness captured in raw detail. A great insight into a great band.