Wednesday 2 October 2019

everythingisfarce


one man two guvrnors is a farce - as a genre I really cannot stand farce - I went to see one man two guvrnors at the New Wolsey in Ipswich - I hated it....obviously - But I was surrounded by people really enjoying themselves - so it must be ok? Was the audience laughing with rather than at - the 'useless' old people and 'nice but dim sexually excessive' women ........maybe I lacked the irony recognition needed to get it.
went to see the Kara Walker at The Tate - unsure what I think so I will have to go back and spend more time. Dan Vo at South London Gallery had some positive moments - the sculptures for me were the most interesting work, especially the one in the Fire Station.  He had also chosen some intriguing pieces to show together, it is always a pleasure to see Serrano's Immersion (Piss Christ)...while looking at the work in the South London Gallery Fire Station in Gallery 4 by Felix Gonzalez Torres, Untitled (Portrait of Julie Ault) - I found myself thinking about the idea of important moments and the book art family tree concept we are presenting next week at Camberwell as part of Symposium 1.