Tuesday 17 October 2023

lookingandreadingtheexquisite


I think that I’m starting to get the hang of this 3D printing! Onto London for a very old friends significant birthday – music, talking, wine and people I haven’t seen in a while but are always there….lovely – I even got to DJ a little – well I played records one after another…..While in London I went to see the show at Raven Row - Aye by Lutz Bacher. It is exquisite, truly moving. The work and shows at Raven Row are always amazing but I think this is one where the artwork has become part of the space and vice versa. Opening a closed door becomes the work. Enabling the sounds to drift in and out, doors banging, footsteps and people talking via with the sound pieces. #mostexcellent. I’m in the middle of reading Richard Wingate’s-  The Story of the Brain in 10½ Cells. https://www.waterstones.com/book/the-story-of-the-brain-in-101-2-cells/richard-wingate/9781788162968 It’s a joyous accessible read about some important stuff! – I started to make notes and I found myself almost transcribing the whole book – so I stopped – some key notes so far though include….
A roadmap to an answer of a riddle - 2D drawing of a blurred 3D object - The idea of style in medical drawings - To draw is to know - Great speculation = the use of photographic solution in staining cells might enable us to see that the brain might contain frozen still images - Purkinje cell array converts time into space - Our construction of a perceptual world suddenly appeared to be a tremendous piece of theatre, engineered by our brains, to convince us that sensations are complete and reliable while concealing a script of hasty translations and omissions - The sound/language of brain cells. So compellingly enjoyable. onto screens – Mission Impossible was very funny with incredible stunts, well real things filmed! Equalizer 3 has another eclectic array of ways to effectively kill people speedily. I’m in the middle of season 3 of The Morning Show, the dark venal activity depicted is skin crawling, although not as much as Partygate – the program drips with undeserved privilege, the two worlds it presents are so disturbingly contrasting and yet nothing has changed – how about that.