Monday 2 May 2022

sharingthelearning


An extraordinary day at Kings. The Knowing through Making conference was such a positive day. It was a great opportunity to share some of the experiences I have had from my engagement with the synthetic anatomy module and my general engagement with the world of science. Working in this world and creating and giving the talk was, as ever a joy. Constructing and presenting a talk is always a learning experience, an opportunity of reflection on the amazing journey I have had with my association and collaborative within the science world. I always feel welcome and what I bring from the world of 'art school' thinking is valued highly. Running the 3 workshops with Celia Pym was most excellent, I think we gave a flavor of the student experience to the conference delegates through presentations and especially the workshops. https://www.slideshare.net/l.bicknell/knowing-through-making-les-bicknellppt link is to the presentation, although the many gifs embedded within the talk don't animate on the platform. Images from one of the workshops show the need of the groups to work intimately in collaboration.