Monday 28 February 2022

whatif


What if the joints were at an angle? This question has sent my research around the zebra plate work off in an interesting tangent. The angles make the form behave in a seemingly more random way, the tensions within the structures feel exaggerated.  The other day a friend was playing me an important but terrible punk track from their youth, and it reminded me of School Meals – a band my French teacher at the time (1979) was in. It was a double A side Headmaster and such a spiv My copy has been lost in the midst of time - just attempted to buy back my youth only to find it would cost me £43 plus shipping – seems a lot for something that must of cost me around a quid at the time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaLjIjNMtXA&ab_channel=MusicWithoutBorders https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlpw0l_wnHA&ab_channel=Feugwtwra onto screens – Vacation Friends – you will laugh, the ‘I’ve taken hallucinogenic mushrooms’ scene is glorious. West Side Story – why? Pirates – there is a good film in there with some tightening up.