Thursday 1 April 2021

busybusybusy







Wood-Sun-Stone - Friends of Roger Ackling
, a Group exhibition and presentation of the book ROGER ACKLING - OÙ POINT L'INVISIBLE by Lydie Rekow-Fon. I had a couple of pieces in this – I can remember a conversation with Roger about locating where the work was and maybe the smoke was the work, rather than the glorious wooden pieces. This has stayed with me and informs my own practice every time I think I’m making work. The studio is full of large scale folded structures waiting for a day of sun and no wind to be able to make some videos of the articulated pieces. Meanwhile another strand of work is looking at reflections - the work is both there and not there! Looking forward to being part of RESPOND - what will I receive? – how will I respond? @essencepress #BABEartistsbooksRESPOND. Just came across me sounding vaguely coherent and supportive of the use of architects in the architectural process - https://www.ribasuffolk.com/why-to-employ-an-architect check out those sideburns. Onto screens - Mollys Game – there is an interesting film in there but a little disjointed, Babylon Berlin – looks great but I think we know where this ends up. Lockdown – some great performances but….  Mitchelle and Webb, Back – not quite Peep Show!