Friday 5 June 2020

endingsandmaterials


I was invited to a really interesting network meeting the other day - I gave a short presentation and took part in a Q&A session with the Cambridge University public engagement team, it was great to revisit my time at NanoDTC, to reflect on the work I did there and consider how it continues to fuel my thinking  within my practice. Meanwhile at Camberwell College of the Arts we are reinventing the final weeks of the Book Art course to really reflect on needs and wants of the students. Each week mini projects are being set by the students and shared through Zoom, it will make a great collective legacy. So far we have created posters - one based on Russian typography and another on Film titles. In the studio I have been photographing and filming some of the material experiments I have been working on.  
and onto films - Aniara - a twisted sc-fi dystopian tragic tale, Just Mercy - an oppressive tale of human ugliness, High Note - lovely but doesn't really go anywhere apart from a twist nobody will see coming, The Lovebirds - an interesting premise that should be funnier ditto Space force.