Wednesday 11 December 2019

makingmakingandwatching


making day on the Arts Fine Art MA for the Open College was a thoughtful experience - a moment of revelation during my making session - I think acknowledging one's learning is a possible route to actually moving forward - mine was totally random but all about recognising the possibilities within a seemingly throw away opportunity - when cutting down a structure I was left with a very thin version of the piece  - keeping the functional possibilities but adding rotational behavior to the connection- maybe I need to consider connected tubes.! stated the Testing Your Boundaries project with the OCA - its all about reconceptualising ones practice - see presentation here - https://www.slideshare.net/l.bicknell/2019-initial-presentation-testing-boundaries meanwhile - I spend most of my time whilst watching Ad Astra in the mind of another person on a deep voyage - thinking about Martin Sheen's journey in Apocalypse Now - but this distraction or layering of meaning did not take me too far away from the often perilously life threatening set piece scenes in space and then there is The end of the fucking world - the soundtrack is truly awesome. https://www.refinery29.com/en-gb/2019/11/8710740/the-end-of-the-fucking-world-season-2-soundtrack-songs