Tuesday, 4 August 2026

itsstillthereasileftit


As ever - Venice was there as I left it, beautiful and other. 2 years later I'm at The Venice Biennale 2026, and it was great to see so much textile within a fine art context. To breathe in gives me the ability to breathe out. I’ve been a member of an, now renamed Artists Now, since it was called artists newsletter. It is an essential organisation that supports artists in so many important ways. I recently received assistance to attend Venice Biennale. Visiting the Biennale exposes me to an alternative creative experience to a western, male, global north art world position. This act of creative breathing in gives me the ability to breathe out. The experience of attending exhibitions is invaluable, enabling me to grow both as an artist and as an educator. As somebody who works with others I pass on this knowledge to the students I engage with. Thank you to Artists Now for recognising the need of artists to continue to grow and for your valued support over the years.