wearebackinsciartworld
So after 10 years I was back at the Maxwell Centre in Cambridge - very other - like a muscle memory I arrived at the station and retraced all my cycle cut-throughs as if it was yesterday. The space is the same, but surrounded by very shiney beautiful new buildings, in one of which I experienced an experimental sound piece over lunch. NanoDTC is a space very dear to my heart, where I first started working in a science context, which led me to so many wonderful people in tremendously interesting places and ultimately to Richard and Leigh and Synthetic Anatomy at Kings. A day of posters, talks and workshops - truly inspirational. The students are thoughtful and intelligent, always up for thinking laterally and creative problem solving. I ran a couple of workshops focusing on taxonomy, genetics and storytelling. It was a great to make art/science connections and to rethink my own practice as a result. When asked what complexity is their drawings were interesting in that the images resembled the ones drawn by under 7s when asked to draw energy as part of the Sizewell residency. Meanwhile onto
screens – just started Last seen – harrowing but intriguing enough to
continue. Spa Weekend - what was I thinking?